Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Tier One Book List

It seemed only fitting that my next post be this. Here are a few of my favorite works** that have transported or transformed my thoughts at one time or another. If you haven't, read just a page or two and you'll start to understand why I feel the way I do and why you'll have to finish whichever ones you choose:

Book: Author
Love in the Time of Cholera: Garcia Marquez
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle: Murakami
The Bridge of San Luis Rey: Wilder
100 Years of Solitude: Garcia Marquez
The Grapes of Wrath: Steinbeck
The Autobiography of Malcom X (as told to Alex Haley): X & Haley
Slaughterhouse Five: Vonnegut
Catch-22: Heller
Herzog: Bellow
Crime and Punishment: Dostoyevsky
The Master and Margarita: Bulgakov
Lolita: Nabokov
A Brief History of Time: Hawking
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn: Twain
Their Eyes Were Watching God: Hurston
In Cold Blood: Capote
How to Read a Book: Adler & Van Doren
A Short History of Nearly Everything: Bryson
Master of The Senate: Caro

**Updated periodically.

P.S. If you read a bunch, let me know what I'm missing!

No comments:

Post a Comment